Friday, April 20, 2007

Miles City

Miles City, Montana is 1,345 miles away from Toledo, and it is the home of the world famous Miles City Bucking Horse Sale. It is also the home of Denise Nickerson, who portrayed Violet Beauregarde from the 1971 version of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. That's about it on Miles City.
A interesting thing about this shirt happened when I wore it to class one day down here in Columbus. I get to class and someone looks at my shirt...
Guy- "You ever been to Miles City!"
Me- "No, I got this from a thrift store."
Guy- "I went there with my family once when I was little and it was boring. My parents bought that same shirt for me when we were there, but I haven't seen it in years, I think my mom got rid of it."
Me- "Really, well, this one came from a store up in Toledo."
Guy- "Oh, I'm from Toledo too... That's my shirt!"
Me- "Holy shit... You want it back?"
Guy- "Nah, you keep it, I don't think it would fit me anyway."

That was the last thing he said. So, a child obtained this shirt 1,345 miles away, wore for most of his childhood and it was given away a few years ago. After awhile and possibly a few other owners it finds its way to me. Then I start attending classes at OSU, which 150 miles away from where I bought it, and I end up where that shirt to one of those classes. Then I end up sitting next to a random guy in a big lecture class, and that random guy was the true original owner of this shirt from years ago! It has since been my lucky shirt.

4 comments:

still hungry said...

this is a really neat idea-i shop at thrift stores all the time but ive never really stopped to think about where they came from...and this story is really cute

Izateddy said...

That's a pretty great story to go along with the shirt...what a small world! Good luck with the blog.

clarissa explains it all said...

thats a crazy coincidence...I wish I had a shirt with a story that cool

JackSabbath2D said...

I like the stories with the shirt.

I think its a good a approach.