Sunday, May 6, 2007

Baraboo, Wisconsin

Baraboo, Wisconsin is about 430 miles away from the thrift this shirt was bought. It may not seem like a very interesting shirt but Baraboo has some history. Aside from being the home of Devils Lake and the International Crane Foundation, it is also the home the Circus World Museum. This museum is on the same spot the original Ringling Brothers Circus headquarters had been. They have preserved over 200 circus carts (which I think is a great cause), and has the largest library of circus information. Now, the fact that this shirt is of a lake view with some deer in it leads me to believe that the original owner enjoys going to Devils Lake and seeing all the cool wildlife and rock formations, but the bright pastel colors used in the lake view with deer makes me think it was a retired circus clown. If we combine those two theories we get an old, outdoors enthusiast clown, who travels with 20 other camping clowns in a small VW Beetle. I only hope that I never have a run-in with these makeup mountain men, I'll battle with lions, tigers, and bears, but the second I run into 20 clowns in the middle of the forest I'd just have to throw myself off a cliff only because it would have to be better than what they would do to me. Fuck clowns!

No comments: