Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Morris the Cat


This is a shirt of Morris the Cat, the beloved mascot of the 9Lives Brand cat food. Being a quick-witted finicky cat means you have lots of fans. But I did find out that Morris befriended Burt Reynolds on the set of Shamus back in 73. Burt was always a big fan of Morris and was delighted to meet him; they moved in together. After a few years Morris, now unemployed and an alcoholic, attacked Burt in a fit of jealously for his career. Burt kicked him out of his life after that. I believe this shirt belonged to Burt, but he gave it away to forget and let go. I own a piece of Burt Reynolds heart, and it's in the same of a kitty.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi there...
I was searching the internet to try to find a Morris the Cat shirt to replace for my 3 year old daughter. Ours blew off the rail of our sailboat and sunk a couple of days ago. To make matters worse, our 17 year old orange tabby cat that she also loved died while we were on the vacation. She loved to sleep in the shirt--it had been mine as a child in the 70's, and loved our cat, O'Malley. Would you have any interest in selling your shirt to me? I'd be sure to tell her whose close she was wearing!! :)
Thanks,
Jennifer in Oklahoma
kneafsey.jennifer@gmail.com